Position Available: Executive Director
Overview of ReCARES
ReCARES is a small local community benefit and environmental 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a mission of decreasing environmental waste and increasing access to medical equipment and supplies in the community. Every week volunteers at our three Bay Area sites accept no-longer-needed durable medical equipment and supplies and pass them on to local individuals who might have difficulty affording such items. The walkers, wheelchairs, adult diapers, medical supplies, and many other items we provide free of charge, help individuals and families with their healthcare, mobility, and safety needs while preventing much waste from going to landfills.
We are looking for an Executive Director to manage and develop our non-profit organization, providing leadership and implementing policies and programs to carry out our work. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ReCARES Executive Director has overall business administration and operational management responsibility for accomplishing ReCARES’ mission. This position oversees three site leaders in Oakland, San Francisco and Marin.
- The Executive Director will oversee the current program and research ways to grow the organization to further meet community needs in accordance with our mission
- Administer current grants and develop a fundraising plan
- Financial management and budgeting
- Develop and implement short and long term program goals.
- Recruit and hire additional contractors as necessary to meet program goals
- Provide support to volunteers in collaboration with site leaders to assess program needs and develop plans to meet the needs of volunteers as well as consumers.
- Deepen and refine communications between sites, volunteers, donors, and recipients. Update web/social media presence and community outreach.
- Act as a liaison to community groups and stakeholders for effective collaboration serving both consumers with health care supply needs and organizations with a mission of reducing waste.
- Effectively engage with and utilize the skills and talents of the Board of Directors to carry out the ReCARES mission.
Key Credentials and Personal Qualities
- At least two years of non-profit business administration and/or experience related to Public health/Healthcare issues required, with leadership and supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility, and commitment to the ReCARES mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; Master’s degree highly valued.
- Have a strong belief in the importance of preventing waste by diverting valuable resources to provide reuse potential for our “clients”.
- Proficient computer skills, including the ability to use or learn Google for non-profits.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.